Tilwale Aloo ki Chaat
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 206 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12640 times
Baby potatoes coated in a sesame seed paste that is sautéed till it is crisp. This dish has a variety of flavours and textures starting with the humble potato that is coated in a nutty sesame seed paste and then the freshness of mint and coriander contrasting with the sharpness of lemon juice. This is a chaat to be relished on a rainy day along with a cup of hot tea.
- Boil,peel and prick the potatoes with the help of a fork and keep aside.
- Grind the sesame seeds to a paste using 2 to 3 tablespoons of water.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the green chillies and onion and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the sesame paste and cook on a slow flame for 4 to 5 minutes till all the water has evaporated.
- Add the potatoes and salt and sauté for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the mint, coriander and lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve immediately.
- You can cubes of boiled potato instead of the baby potatoes.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.