Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 2346 times
Winters. The very mention of this season brings a magnitude of things to one's mind - woolens,tweeds,boots and FOOD! The very mention of FOOD catches my attention. There is a section a food items, common in households across India, that is made only in winters, namely-goond ka ladoos, gur chakki, besan ladoos and last but not the least til ladoos. Now til is a very versatile ingredient apart from being very healthy. So I decided to give the traditional til ka ladoos a miss this season and try something new. The result was an amazing, healthy snack TIL CRACKERS!
- Dry roast the sesame seeds and leave it aside to cool.
- Sieve all the dry ingredients twice (maida, atta, baking powder and seasalt). This is very important as it ensures uniform mixing of all the ingredients.
- Cut the frozen butter into pieces and mix it with the dry ingredients. Rub it with your fingers till the mixture becomes crumbly.
- Add 1 tablespoon of milk at a time and knead the mixture into a dough.
- Cling wrap the dough and keep it in the freezer for 20-25 min.
- In the meantime beat the melted butter and the room temperature milk together.
- Take the dough out and let it rest for about 5 mins so that it becomes a little soft.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Roll the dough into as thin a layer as possible.
- Cut small pieces with a cookies cutter and arrange the pieces on a baking tray lined with a butter paper.
- Brush the pieces with the beaten milk and butter mixture.
- Bake for 10-15 mins. The biscuits will be light brown and crispy. Cool on a cooling tray.
- Enjoy the crackers with your daily cuppa!
This recipe was contributed by Cherrie on 21 Jan 2015
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.