Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18224 times
Tilachi Poli, is a popular Maharashtrian sweet roti. It is stuffed with a mixture of nutty sesame, crunchy peanuts and jaggery. Taste great with a smear of ghee.
The sesame seeds are extremely rich in calcium, hence Tilachi Poli is a healthy tiffin snack for kids.
- Combine the sesame seeds, peanuts and jaggery and blend in a mixer till they become smooth and soft.
- Make the soft dough using wheat flour and required water and keep aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Make 5-6 equal portions of the dough then roll into a small circle of 3" diameter.
- Put a small portion of above stuffing in the middle, close it by bringing all the edges into the middle and roll again into a normal chapati size(5") siameter.
- Heat a tava and roast the poli on both the sides till light brown in colour using a little ghee.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Jyoti V B on 03 Sep 2015
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.