Til Gur ki Roti
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 165 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24643 times
Sometimes the contrast between the simplicity of a dish and its complex flavour is striking! Til Gur ki Roti is a perfect example of this phenomenon. With minimal ingredients and an extremely simple procedure, you get a delectable roti that surprises you with its exciting crispness and lingering flavour. Cook these wheat flour, jaggery and sesame rotis over a slow flame, to ensure that the insides are well cooked too.
Add your private note
Til Gur ki Roti recipe - How to make Til Gur ki Roti
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 6 servings
- Combine the jaggery and 2 tablespoons of water in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till the jaggery melts completely, while stirring continuously. Keep aside and allow it to cool completely.
- Combine all the ingredients including the melted jaggery in a deep bowl and knead into a firm dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and roll each portion into a 125 mm. (5”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each roti on a slow flame, using little ghee till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Serve immediately with the pickle of your choice.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||47 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||9.7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.