Til Gur ki Roti ( Iron Rich)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 82 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25309 times
Time for some sweet memories. It is amazing how the aroma of jaggery and til working together always bring back memories of mom’s cooking. This traditional duo reflects mom’s care not just in taste but also in their nutritional richness. The use of both jaggery and til makes the Til Gur ki Roti an iron-rich treat that helps improve your haemoglobin levels and keeps you active and attentive all the time.
- Combine the jaggery with 2 tbsp of water in a non-stick pan and cook on a slow flame till the jaggery dissolves. Cool completely.
- Combine the wheat flour, melted jaggery, ghee, sesame seeds and salt in a deep bowl and knead into a semi-stiff dough using little water.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal portions and roll out each portion into a 150 mm. (6") diameter circle.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each roti on a medium flame till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Brush each roti with ¼ tsp of ghee and serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per roti
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.