Tiffin Time Sandwich
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5245 times
The struggle for working parents with their kids tiffin is cooking in the morning and also which kid doesn't throw a tantrum at eating thier own tiffin. Forget kids even at times adults do (I know.. I have done it many times). Here I have my own version of sandwich which sometimes even now I pack for my office lunch.
It's filling and best part of this recipe is that the stuffing can be prepared in the night and refrigerated and just 5 minutes in the morning is all we need to prepare.
- In a bowl add the potatoes, tomatoes, onions, coriander, tomato ketchup, chaat masala and salt and mash nicely till it becomes smooth and pulpy.
- Use a toaster or a tava and heat up the slices of bread as per preference.
- Keep aside the bread slices.
- In a pan or wok add 1/2 tsp of oil and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle add the stuffing previously prepared and gently fry it.
- Once done take one slice of bread and apply either butter or cheese and add the stuffing.
- Next place 2 slices of cucumber on top of the stuffing and a lettuce leave.
- Place another slice of bread on top and cover the stuffing.
- Cut the sandwich in half or serve whole.
This recipe was contributed by Sandipan on 28 Jul 2013Simple and enthusiastic guy with a passion for food and cooking. Though I don't cook regularly due t...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.