Thumb Print Cookies
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2804 times
The thumbprint cookies is a tasty treat prepared from flour and eggs. The thumbprint cookies are made appealing by placing a thumbprint on the face of the cookie and then placing the jam as topping in the depression. Thumbprint cookie is a perfect dessert or sweet snack item to be relished on parties .
- 1.sift the flour and keep aside.
- 2.bring the butter to room temprature and beat well till soft.
- 3.to the butter add flour,sugar,salt and vanilla extract one by one mixing continously with the beater until it forms a smooth dough.
- 4.take a lemon size dough,make a ball and flatten slightly to 11/2inch diameter.
- 5.place on the cookie sheet with enough space apart.
- 6.make a thumb print on top of each cookie(to make a slight depression )and place little jam to fill the dipression.
- 7.bake in the pre-heated (350 degree)oven for 25min or untill slight golden brown along the bottom side.
- 8.cool immedeatly on the cooling rack.handle gently while removing from the cookie sheet.
This recipe was contributed by cowsee on 31 May 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.