Three Layered Macroni with Baked Spinach
Added to 20 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10021 times
Three layered macaroni with baked spinach is simply an amazing layered baked dish with boiled macaroni layered with spinach puree and grated cheese. Bake this exciting mix of macaroni with spinach till the cheese melts and enjoy as main coarse meal.
- Boil the macaroni.drain and set aside.
- Grate the cheese and set aside.
- Chop 4-5 cups of spinach to make 2cups of puree
- Boil the tomatoes.cool,peel and skins and pass through a sieve.
- Strain and take out the puree and set aside.
- Melt 1 ½ tbsp of butter .add the minced chillies and fry along with rest of the onions until the onions turn pink.
- Add the chopped spinach and fry few min.
- Add salt,cover and cook on low heat.
- When done,remove cool and grind to a puree.
- Add 1/2tbsp.pepper,chilly sauce and a quarter of cheese.
- Melt 3tbsp.of butter on a low heat.add the flour and fry to a light brown colour.
- Remove from the fire and add some of the milk,gradually making sure that no lumps r formed.
- Add the rest of the milk,place on fire nd cook stirring constantly until the mixture attains a custard like consistency.
- Remove from the heat and add 1/4tbsp pepper,salt
- Grease a large pie-dish and set the layers like this:
- Cover the bottom with the cooked macroni.
- Sprinkle some pepper,salt and few knobs of butter.
- Spread tomato puree evenly on this. next spread a second layer of macaroni.
- Sprinkle salt,pepper,cheese an d butter.
- Spread the spinach puree on this layer.
- Finally spread the rest of the macroni and sprink
- Bake at 200 centigradefor 20-30min.or until the top is brown
This recipe was contributed by lotus_63 on 05 Feb 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.