This recipe has been viewed 1052 times
Pumpkin flowers and leaves cooked in authentic Kerela style. .
You can always grow pumpkin plants in a pot and use the flowers to make a special dish.
Add your private note
Thoran recipe - How to make Thoran
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 serving
- Chop the pumpkin flowers and leaves.
- Roughly grind coconut, salt, turmeric, cumin seeds, curry leaves, onion and garlic and keep it aside.
- Take a vessel add oil and let it heat.
- Add mustard seeds, curry leaves and dry chilli.
- As it starts to splatter add the chopped pumpkin flowers and leaves.
- Saute it for some time and add the paste.
- Cook the vegetable on slow fire until dry.
- Serve it with hot rice.
This recipe was contributed by Su's Kitchen on 01 Sep 2014I am from Mumbai and a teacher by profession. I worked as a primary teacher for 5 years. Now present...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.