The Brave Shepherd- Veggie Shepherd ( Vegetable Carvings)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14167 times
A neat idea to mind all errant tissues with this multi faceted shepherd.
Add your private note
The Brave Shepherd- Veggie Shepherd ( Vegetable Carvings) recipe - How to make The Brave Shepherd- Veggie Shepherd ( Vegetable Carvings)
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time: Total Time:
Makes 1 shepherd
- Place the brinjal on a chopping board, trim off the tip of the brinjal using a knife leaving the green leaf shaped portion intact. Form the opposite side cut 1 cm. Off the base so as to make it flat.
- Place the flat side of the brinjal on a flat surface and cut it into two parts vertically. You will make use of one part only.
- Peel the carrot and cut three small diamonds from it. To make the buttons, attach them on the front side of the brinjal with the help of pins. This becomes the body of the shepherd. Keep aside.
- From the broad end, trim the tip of the ladies fingers diagonally to make the hands and keep aside.
- Cut the remaining carrot into a 4” long piece. Cut a narrow 2” long triangle from the tapering edge of the carrot.
- Cut the carrot vertically into two portions with one portion being a little thicker than the other to make the legs.
- Insert two toothpicks on the top of the thicker portion of the carrot.
- Attach the ladies fingers (hands) with the help of pins and the carrots (legs) with toothpicks to the brinjal (body).
- Cut a small portion from the spring onion leaf and attach it around the carrot with the help of a pin to make its belt.
- Place the 2 tendlies on a chopping board. Cut them into 1/4" pieces and trim them from one side to make the shoes of the shepherd.
- Attach the tendlies (shoes) to the carrot (legs) with the help of pins.
- Use a lemon for the head. With black and red marker pens draw the eyes, nose and mouth of the man.
- Attach the lemon (head) of the man to the brinjal (body) with the help of a toothpick.
- Insert a satay stick and your shepherd is ready.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.