Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4268 times
Presenting a traditional way of preparing the most authentic Thayir saadam, a main course item enjoyed with pickle in Tamil households. The rice based thayir saadam has curd, grated mango and chopped cilantro as ingredients.
- Wash the rice well.
- Boil it until it is very well done and easy to mash.
- Drain the water from the rice and mash it very well with a clean spoon.
- Let it cool down.
- Add the curd to the mashed rice and mix it very well.
- Then add the chopped ginger, grated raw mango, chopped ginger and curry leaves in to it.
- Squeeze the lemon into it and see that no lemon seed falls in to the rice.
- Heat the oil in a kadai, and add the mustard seeds in to it.
- When they crackle, add the dry red chilies and cashew nut pieces.
- Wait till the cashew nut becomes slightly red in colour.
- Add the tadka to the curd rice and garnish with fresh, chopped cilantro leaves.
- The yummy south indian thayir saadam is ready
This recipe was contributed by munniv on 26 Feb 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.