Thavala Adai By Kundhu
This recipe has been viewed 5298 times
Thavala adai is a pancake recipe made from coarsely ground rice and grated coconut. The adai is spread on the hot pan and served crispy hot as breakfast or snack with chutney or pickle of choice.
- Heat a pan and add 2 tsps of oil.
- When the oil is heated add mustard seeds.
- When they splutter add the chillies and ginger
- Add the urad dal and fry till golden
- Add the water,salt and grated coconut and boil.
- Add the rice flour and stir till well cooked and turns to a ball.
- Take off fire and make small balls on palm and flatten and make a hole in the centre
- Put on a warm tava
- Pour some oil around and cover the tava
- After a minute remove cover and turn the adais
- Add more oil and keep on flame till golden in colour and crispy on top.
This recipe was contributed by kundhu on 24 Feb 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.