Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6612 times
A delicious and tangy South Indian recipe made with tamarind, besan, jaggery and chillies. Serve with plain steamed rice.
- Extract and boil tamarind for 10 minutes.
- Roast chilli, dhaniya, besan, coconut in little oil and grind to paste and put in the syrup.
- Let it boil for some time.
- After 2 boils add jaggery. allow it to thicken.
- Add some fried coconut.
- Crackle mustard and besan.
This recipe was contributed by shuba18 on 04 Dec 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.