Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20412 times
Thandai bottled is a cool Indian drink prepared with a mixture of almonds, fennel seeds, magaztari seeds, rose petals, pepper, khus khus seeds. The Thandai is a traditional nutritious cooling drink, relished on festivals like holi.
- Soak khaskhas 3-4 hours
- Blanch almond soak
- Make fine paste of all ingedients sieve with muslin cloth
- Sieve with muslin cloth
- Add water to sugar,1\2" above sugar level
- Boil ,clean froth ,
- Add paste to syrup ,thicken it like honey
- Add rose water
- Close fire ,add sodium benzoite diluted in hot syrup
- Bottel in boiling bottles ,cap air tight ,leave 2"space vacant in bottle
- Serve with chilled milk ,add pista & saffron on top
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.