Thalipeeth, Quick Maharashtrian Thalipeeth
by Tarla Dalal
थाली पीठ की रेसिपी
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Thalipeeth, Quick Maharashtrian Thalipeeth in Hindi)
થાલીપીઠ ની રેસીપી
- ગુજરાતી માં વાંચો (Thalipeeth, Quick Maharashtrian Thalipeeth in Gujarati)
Added to 471 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 428795 times
People often move to fast-foods, because they assume traditional recipes are time-consuming. Not at all! every cuisine has a mix of quick, everyday cooking, as well as elaborate recipes.
Here is a traditional Maharashtrian recipe to prove our point. With three types of flours, thalipeeth is very nutritious, and also easy to prepare.
Sabudana Vada , Sabudana Khichdi , Misal Pav and Usal are a few well known Maharastrian snacks.
Enjoy how to make Thalipeeth recipe with detailed step by step photos and video.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl, mix well and make a thick batter using enough water.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it lightly with oil.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on the tava (griddle) and pat it evenly with your fingers to form a 100 mm. (4”) diameter circle.
- Cook the thalipeeth on a medium flame, using a little oil, till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 6 more thalipeeth.
- Serve hot with curds and pickle.
Thalipeeth video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per thalipeeth
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.