Thai Style Coconut Cream Soup
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 154 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25329 times
Thai style coconut soup is a very unique oriental soup, which will be loved by your family and friends. This soothing and aromatic soup combines coconut milk with fragrant lemongrass and pungent onions to create a tantalising outcome, while veggies like broccoli and baby corn add volume and crunch to it. Serve it at a party; and it will raise your guests’ expectations of the meal very high!
- Combine the lemongrass and 2 tbsp of water and blend in a mixer to a smooth mixture.
- Strain the mixture using a sieve and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the baby corn and broccoli and sauté on a medium flame for 1 more minute.
- Add the coconut milk, 1 cup of water, lemon grass mixture and salt and bring to boil.
- Add the cornflour-water mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Switch off the flame, add the pepper powder and mix well.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.