Thai Satay Paneer Wrap ( Wraps and Rolls)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 65 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 23657 times
I’ve brought together many authentic thai recipes in this wrap, which is truly wonderful due to right balance of flavours arising from peanuts, chick peas, lemon grass and the khimchi salad. Your popularity amongst your friends and family will rise a notch higher when they taste this yummy wrap!
- Combine the paneer cubes and soya sauce in a bowl and toss well.
- On a satay stick, arrange 6 pieces of paneer cubes. Repeat with the remaining paneer cubes to make 3 more satays.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the satays on a medium flame using oil till the paneer is light brown in colour from all the sides. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the cumin seeds crackle, add the lemon grass-onion paste and sauté for a minute.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for a few minutes till the sauce thickens, while stirring continuously. Keep aside to cool.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and leave aside for 30 minutes.
- Drain out the excess water and keep aside.
- Place a roti on a clean dry surface and slide the paneer satay from 1 satay stick in a single row in the centre of the roti, gently using a knife.
- Spread ¼th of each of the peanut sauce and hot garlic sauce over the paneer satay.
- Finally arrange ¼th of the khimchi salad over it and roll it up tightly.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more wraps.
- Wrap a tissue paper around each wrap and serve immediately.
- To make ½ cup boiled kabuli chana paste, soak 1/3 cup of raw kabuli chana overnight. Next day, drain well and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste, using enough water.
- To make 1\4 cup of roasted peanut paste, roast 1\4 cup of raw peanuts on a slow flame till the peanuts turn light brown in colour. Blend in a mixer to a smooth thick paste, using 2 tbsp of water and use as per the recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.