Thai Satay Mushroom Paneer Wrap
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10807 times
A roomali roti wrap with a right balance of flavours arising from mushrooms, peanuts, chick peas, lemon grass and khimchi salad.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the lemon onions, ginger and lemon grass paste and sauté for few minutes.
- Add the peanut paste, cornflour mixture, coconut milk, sugar and salt and a little water, mix well and bring to boil.
- Simmer till the sauce thickens, while stirring continuously. Keep aside to cool.
- Dip the paneer and mushrooms in the soya sauce, drain and alternately skewer the mushrooms, paneer and capsicum onto 2 skewers.
- Grill over a barbeque, alternatively you can cook them on a non-stick pan.
- Place a roomali roti on a clean dry surface and slide the paneer satay from 1 satay stick in a single row in the centre of the roti, gently using a knife.
- Spread half the peanut sauce and hot garlic sauce over the paneer satay.
- Arrange ½ the khimchi salad over it and roll it up tightly.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 1 more wrap.
- Wrap a tissue paper around each wrap and serve immediately.
- To make ½ cup boiled kabuli chana paste, soak 1/3 cup of raw kabuli chana overnight. Next day, drain well and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste, using enough water.
- To make 1\4 cup of roasted peanut paste, roast 1\4 cup of raw peanuts on a slow flame till the peanuts turn light brown in colour. Blend in a mixer to a smooth thick paste, using 2 tbsp of water and use as per the recipe.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.