Thai Mango Ice-cream ( Thai Cooking )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 387 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24648 times
A creamy mango coconut ice-cream, this combination is unique to thailand
- Mix the custard powder in 2 to 3 tablespoons of cold water and keep aside.
- Heat the coconut cream in a heavy bottomed pan. When it comes to a boil, add the dissolved custard powder and stir till it coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove from the heat and cool completely.
- Chop half the mangoes into pieces and mash the other half to pulp.
- Whip the cream till soft peaks form.
- Mix the cooled custard with the cream and mangoes.
- Pour into a shallow freezerproof dish and freeze till slushy.
- Remove from the freezer and beat till smooth and creamy. Freeze again till firm.
- Repeat step 8.
- Remove from the freezer and place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes before serving.
- Top with roasted flaked almonds.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.