Thai Layered Rice
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3425 times
An innovative fruity vegetable rice cooked in coconut milk, Thai layered rice is a Thai cuisine specialty. A healthy mix of fruits, veggies with aromatic rice, the layered rice looks appealing and taste awesome.
Add your private note
Thai Layered Rice recipe - How to make Thai Layered Rice
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Wash and drain the rice.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the rice and saute for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, 1 cup of water and the salt.
- Bring to a boil, cover the pan with a lid and cook till the rice is done.
- Sprinkle the coriander on top and keep aside.
- Blanch the broccoli and baby corn in hot water. drain.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the red curry paste and fry for a few minutes.
- Mix the cornflour in the coconut milk and add to the fried curry paste.
- Add the blanched vegetables and the pineapples to the gravy.
- Add the lemon juice, sugar, soya sauce, lemon rind and salt.
- Bring to a boil and then keep aside.
- In a flat bottomed pan, spread a layer of rice and top with a layer of the vegetable curry.
- Repeat the layers till all the rice and vegetable curry are used.
- Cover with a lid and seal the sides with a dough made of plain flour (maida) and water.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200 degree c (400 degree f) for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and break the seal.
- Serve hot garnished with the brown onions and spring onions.
This recipe was contributed by sohniekudi on 11 Jan 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.