Thai Layered Jelly
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 285 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24694 times
An extremely delicious and colorfully layered dessert flavoured with orange and coconut.
- Dissolve the agar agar in the orange juice till it softens.
- Add the sugar and simmer till all the agar agar dissovles.
- Strain while it is still warm and add the food colour.
- Pour into a 150mm.(6") square tray.
- Refrigerate for 15 to 20 minutes till it sets.
- Make a paste of the cornflour and 2 tablespoons of the coconut milk.
- Heat the remaining coconut milk with the sugar.
- When it comes to a boil, add the cornflour paste and stir till it becomes thick.
- Remove from the fire, cool slightly and strain.
- Pour this over the set orange layer and allow it to set in the refreigerator for 4 to 5 hours.
- To unmould, place the tray in lukewarm water for a few seconds and unmould on a flat plate.
- Using a flower shapped cookie cutter, cut out pieces from the set dessert.
- Lift each piece carefully and place on a serving plate.
- Serve chilled surrounded by fruit.
- You can also use a layer of chocolate sponge as a base.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.