Tendli Bhaat ( Weight Loss After Pregnancy )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 16 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12799 times
Tendli bhaat, nutritious tendli comes together with spicy rice for a delicious change from the usual rice and dal. I have reduced the quantity of coconut to retain the flavour of the original while keeping the dish low-cal. Serve it with low-fat curds to mellow the spices and make for a wholesome meal.
- Wash and soak the rice for about 10 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the cumin seeds, cardamom, cinnamon, clove, fenugreek seeds, green chillies, curry leaves and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the tendli and rice and sauté on a medium flame for a few minutes.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, half the spice powder and salt and sauté on a medium flame for another minute.
- Add 2¼ cups of hot water and simmer till the rice is tender.
- Add the remaining half of the spice powder, mix gently and cover and simmer for another 2 minutes. Serve hot garnished with coconut slices and curry leaves.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.