Tender Coconut Ice Cream , Eggless Coconut Ice Cream
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 313 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 36580 times
The Tender Coconut Ice-Cream is a luscious and creamy treat, with a mild tropical flavour. Due to the added creaminess of tender coconut meat , this ice-cream gets a super creamy texture even without using eggs.
What you need to take care of, is the consistency of the coconut meat. It should neither be too thin nor too thick. It should be medium – basically, we need some volume of coconut meat but it should be soft and not hard like in a full-grown coconut.
This soft meat will ensure that you get a perfectly luscious ice-cream, which all your guests will remember and praise for days to come.
Tender coconut can also be used to make refreshing drinks like Coconut Water with Coconut Meat , Coconut and Orange Drink and Coconut Pineapple Cooler .
- Combine the cornflour and ¼ cup of cold milk in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Pour the remaining 2¼ cups of milk and sugar in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and boil on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cornflour-milk mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Remove from the flame and allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Once cooled, add the fresh cream and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow aluminium container. Cover with an aluminium foil and freeze for 6 hours or till semi-set.
- Pour the mixture into a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture back into the same aluminium shallow container. Add the coconut meat and mix well. Cover with an aluminium foil and freeze for approx. 10 hours or till set.
- Scoop and serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.