Tempting Methi Matar Malai
by Foodie #48100
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14145 times
Methi paneer masala is a tempting paneer or cottage cheese recipe with a typical punjabi touch. The paneer cubes are cooked with fenugreek leaves or methi leaves in a spicy masaledaar gravy and relished best with paranthas. Share your favorite paneer recipe online.
- Heat enough water in a deep pan, add the salt and soak the methi leaves for 5 minutes.
- Drain and wash again under running water.
- Squeeze out the excess water and keep aside.
- Whisk the malai till smooth and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and ground paste and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the powder and saute for more 2-3 minutes.
- Add the green peas, methi leaves and malai along with the remaining ingredients, mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes or till gravy thickens.
- Serve piping hot with parathas, rotis, etc.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #48100 on 05 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.