Tempered Carrot Salad Or Carrot Tadka
by Sonali Arun
This recipe has been viewed 3401 times
This is a very simple, easy to make recipe. It is a great change for those of you tired of chewing raw carrots. Here, the carrot is boiled to enhance its sweet flavor. The tempering provides a strong aroma and distinct flavor to this dish. If bugs bunny had an option, trust me, he would choose this all the time!
- Add the carrots to a pan. Add just enough water to cover the carrots.
- Add salt and a pinch of turmeric powder to this water and bring it to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Check the softness of the carrot and keep the pan simmered till the softness of the carrot is to your liking. The carrots will get mashed if overcooked.
- Drain the water and keep carrots aside.
- Chop the onion into fine pieces.
- Add oil to a heated wok or pan. Add mustard seeds and split black gram.
- Once they crackle, add curry leaves, dry red chili, and finely chopped onions. Fry the onions until they become soft.
- Add the carrots and give it a toss before turning off the heat.
- For best results, temper the carrots just before serving.
This recipe was contributed by Sonali Arun on 01 Jul 2014Cooking has always been my passion and hobby. As a little girl, I remember cooking real rice in my l...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.