Tawa Aloo Chaat
by Palak Rajput
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 28 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28062 times
Tawa Aloo Chaat, has the perfect blend of spicy, salty, sweet and sour flavours. Marinated potatoes are stir-fried till golden brown. Coriander, mint, chillies and chaat masala spice it up and merge beautifully with the potatoes. To make it more chatpata serve topped with sweet tamarind chutney and sev.
- Boil, peel and prick the potatoes all over.
- Combine the black salt , ginger paste , sugar and lemon juice mix well.
- Apply the mixture to the potatoes and keep them aside for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a tawa (griddle) , when its smoky hot , add the marinated potatoes and stir fry them till golden brown in colour.
- Add coriander, mint, chilli flakes or chopped green chili and chat masala, mix well and saute for 2 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- You can mix some sev and tamarind chutney in it to make it more tangy.
This recipe was contributed by Palak Rajput on 17 Aug 2015
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.