Tava Sprouts Pulao
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 228 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 23168 times
Mildly spiced rice, to which sprouts and veggies have been added, is garnished with mint, to enhance its flavours. Sprouting pulses leads to the production of enzyme called "amylase" which helps in enhancing the process of digestion. The pulses when combined with any other cereal like rice, as i have done in this recipe, are a better source of protein than when consumed on their own.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds and allow them to crackle.
- Add the onions and cook till they turn translucent.
- Add the tomatoes, ginger, garlic, capsicum, chilli powder, turmeric powder and pav bhaji masala and cook till the oil separates from the mixture.
- Add the moong sprouts, matki sprouts, rice and salt. Mix well and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with the chopped mint.
Nutrient values per serving
|Carbohydrate|| 27.9 gm.|
|Energy|| 149 kcal.|
|Amount|| 109 gm.|
|Fat|| 1.7 gm.|
|Fibre|| 1.3 gm.|
|Protein|| 5.7 gm.|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.