Tava Rice ( Microwave Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 31 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19486 times
A simple and quick cure for a sudden bout of hunger! you can even toss this up as brunch or supper for kids. But, who needs a tava in this modern ear?
- Soak the rice in enough water for 30 minutes and drain well.
- Combine the drained rice along with 1½ cups of hot water in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 8 minutes or till the rice is cooked well. Keep aside.
- Combine the red chillies and garlic along with 1 tbsp of water and grind in a mortar-pestle (khalbhatta) to a coarse paste. Keep aside.
- Put the oil in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Add the onions, mix well and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add the prepared chilli-garlic paste, mix well and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add the turmeric powder, capsicum, tomatoes and curds, mix well and microwave on high for 1 minute, stirring once in between after 30 seconds.
- Add the cooked rice and salt, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes, stirring once in between after 1 minute.
- Fill in an aluminium bowl and de-mould.
- Serve immediately garnished with cheese.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||207.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||14.4 mg|
|Folic Acid||9.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.