by Tarla Dalal
Added to 75 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28433 times
Cooking on the tava is an age-old custom in the history of Indian food. The tava is used not only for making rotis and parathas but also for preparing delicious dry subzis.
Tava mushroom is one of my favorite recipes that uses basic Mughlai masalas such as coriander powder, cumin seeds powder and kasuri methi.
Serve this versatile dish as a subzi with hot parathas or as a snack with some toast!
- Sprinkle the plain flour over the mushrooms and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai, add the onions and sauté till they brown in colour.
- Add the prepared ginger-garlic paste and sauté again for a minute.
- Add the garam masala, chilli powder and coriander powder and sauté for another minute.
- Add the tomato pulp and sauté till it thickens.
- Add the mushrooms, dried fenugreek leaves and salt and cook for a few minutes. Sprinkle a little water while cooking to prevent the masalas from burning.
- Remove from the flame, add the cream and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||354.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin B3||4.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||17.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||31.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.