Tava Chana ( Snack Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 321 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22348 times
An ideal snack to serve in a garden cocktail party.
- Soak the kabuli chana for 7 to 8 hours. Drain and keep aside.
- Boil 1 cup of water, add the tea leaves and leave aside for a few minutes. Strain the water.
- Add the soaked kabuli chana and pressure cook until soft. Drain.
- Heat the oil on a tava and fry the onion until light brown. Add the paste and fry for a few seconds. Add the tomato, green chillies, turmeric, chilli powder, coriander-cumseed powder, chaat masala, tandoori chicken masala and kausri methi and cook.
- Cook for 2 minutes. While cooking, sprinkle a little water if necessary.
- Add the kabuli chana and salt and cook for a few minutes.
- Serve hot, topped with chopped onion and slices of lemon
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.