Tasty Tomato Squash
by rajni ahuja
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 1993 times
Tasty Tomato Squash, tangy and sweet juice is a best to serve chilled in the hot summer.
Add your private note
Tasty Tomato Squash recipe - How to make Tasty Tomato Squash
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 1 bottle of 700 ml
- Sterilized the bottle and keep aside.
- Blanch the tomatoes, remove from the hot water and allow to cool, add 1 cup water and blend to a smooth juice using a mixer.
- Strain the juice.
- Heat a pan, add the prepared tomato juice, sugar and citric acid, mix well and boil till it is sticky but thread should not form.
- Remove the froth and remove from the flame.
- Dilute the sodium benzoate in little hot water and add to the hot mixture, mix well. Can add red colour (optional).
- Fill the squash in a sterilize bottles.
- Leave 2" space in bottle, cap it airtight.
- In a tall glass fill little squash, add ice and little water. Serve chilled.
- If preferred you can add black salt, pepper powder and roasted cumin seed powder as per to taste in the juice.
This recipe was contributed by rajni ahuja on 20 Apr 20111.Iam senior citizen,aged72 yrs,
retired deputy librarian from IIT kharagpur ,
42 years of experie...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.