Tasty Tomato Chatni
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6032 times
An easy step by step instruction to prepare the tasty tomato chutney with chopped tomatoes, garlic, chillies and spices. A spicy and tangy accompaniment to any meal or starter, tasty tomato chutney can be kept in the fridge and used as desired.
- Heat 1 small cup oil in a kadhai.
- Add tomatoes(whole).cover the kadhai & allow to fry stiring once or twice.
- Remove & keep it aside to cool.
- Add the remaining oil to the same kadhai,fry red chillies with occational string.
- Remove chillies separate & addmustard seeds,bengal gram,udad dal methi & hing in the said order& fry.
- Add green chillies after tuning gas off & stir well & allow to cool.add salt & haldi
- Grind the fried spices & then add the fried tomatoes(peeling optional)& grind.
- Remove it in a sreving vessel & garnish with coriander
This recipe was contributed by aparna_c on 15 Apr 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.