by Foodie #385744
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6046 times
A nice easy and tasty rasam recipe.Tasty Rasam is basically a thin lentil soup with lots of tomatoes and spices. The rasam can be served with rice or enjoyed simply as a soup.
- Cook dhal and keep it diluted with water.
- Add tomatoes, green chillies, red chillies, jaggery, curry leaves, turmeric powder,hing, salt in the tamarind water.
- Bring it to boil till the raw smell of the tamarind goes.
- Then add dhal water.
- Bring it to boil.
- Add coarsely powdered pepper and jeera.
- Temper mustard seeds in ghee and pour it over the rasam.
- Garnish with corriander leaves.
- It goes well with rice or it can be served hot as soup.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #385744 on 23 Sep 2007
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.