Tasty Oats Dosa
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10724 times
Today I came up with this idea of making breakfast with Oats. I know my Son is bored of eating his daily cereals or the breakfast oats. So I wanted to keep the oats in his breakfast but make some other new recipe, like this dosa which he likes and hide the oats in it. So that I am satisfied that he is still eating his oats.
- Clean, wash and soak the rice, urad dal and fenugreek seeds separately in water overnight or for 5 to 6 hours.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Soak the oats in water for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Combine the oats, rice, urad dal, fenugreek seeds and cooked rice and blend in a mixer into a smooth paste.
- Cover and keep aside for 8 to 10 hours for fermenting.
- Add the salt and mix well.
- Heat a tava and spread a spoonful of batter in a thin circle to make a dosa.
- Cook using little oil, till it turns golden brown and crisp.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make more such dosas.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by anushoj on 17 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.