Tasty Mysore Rasam
by Rakhee amit jain
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5918 times
I learnt this recipe from my mother in law. . .
Add your private note
Tasty Mysore Rasam recipe - How to make Tasty Mysore Rasam
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 to 5 servings
- Cook the toovar dal with 3 cups of water and pressure cook for 3 whistles. Heat the oil in a kadhai and add 2 tsp of toovar dal, coriander seeds, pepper, cumin seeds, red chilli, cloves, cinnamon stick and dried coconut and sauté on a medium flame for 3 minutes.
- Cool completely and blend in a mixer, adding a little water to a smooth paste.
- Keep 2 cups of water to boil, and add imli paste, haldi and salt to this. Allow it to boil for a few minutes.
- Add the ground paste, and cooked toovar dal and let it cook for 5 to 10 minutes. Heat the ghee and add the mustard seeds. When they crackle, add hing and curry leaves.
- Pour the tempering over the rasam and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Rakhee amit jain on 01 Oct 2010I am Rakhee Jain, from chennai. Iam a house wife n trying to learn new cooking ideas & recipes.I am ...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.