Tasty Moong Pulao
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9335 times
A step by step guide to prepare a delectable and aromatic rice preparation with sprout and spices. Serve this tasty rice with any gravy of your choice.
- Tie the curd in a muslin cloth and hung it and allow all the water to get drained off.
- Add the salt and chilli powder and mix well. Refrigerate and keep aside.
- Wash the rice and soak for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the cloves, cinnamon and cardamons and fry for few seconds on a slow flame.
- Add the sprouted moongs, grounded paste, salt and rice, mix gently for 2 minutes on a medium flame.
- Add the water and simmer till the rice is done completely.
- Remove from the flame and divide into two equal portions. Keep aside.
- Take a ring mould, grease it with oil and press half of the rice in it firmly.
- Spread evenly the layer of the prepared curd and cover it with the remaining rice. Press hard to acquire the shape of the mould.
- Invert on a serving dish and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Megha_a on 04 Dec 2010
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.