Tasty Matar Paneer
Added to 20 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 284804 times
Here is an easy but awesome recipe that can make an everyday meal seem special.
The all-time favourite combination of green peas and paneer is perked up with readily available veggies like tomatoes and onions, and an assortment of spice powders, which are sure to be there in every Indian kitchen.
The addition of kasuri methi to the Tasty Matar Paneer makes you lick your fingers in delight after you have wiped the last drop off your plate.
Tasty Matar Paneer gets all the more tastier when it is served with Phudine ki Roti , Cooling Cucumber Raita and Lahsun ka Achaar .
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the turmeric powder , garam masala and green chillies, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Cool and blend in a mixer till smooth using 2 tbsp of water. Keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 2 tbsp of oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds, ginger-garlic paste and the prepared onion-tomato paste and sauté on a medium flame for 3 minutes.
- Add the chilli powder, coriander powder and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add green peas and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add kastoori methi, ½ cup of water, mix well and cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 7 minutes ,while stirring occasionally.
- Add the paneer cubes, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes ,while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie#463573 on 11 Mar 2016I did not cook before I got married. And now , I cant help myself but love to cook and experiment ne...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.