Tasty Mango Halwa
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 4573 times
This is the season of mango. And most of the people love to eat this.
- Keep a quarter-cup of mango aside.
- Take the remaining mango in a mixer, blend into fine, smooth puree, without adding water.
- Heat a half tbsp ghee in a kadhai, add and lightly toast semolina, just until it leaves raw smell.
- Remove and keep it aside.
- In a thick bottomed, wide pan, take water and sugar.
- Heat them slowly until the sugar melts.
- Then increase the heat to bring the mixture to a boil till the syrup turns little thick,
- Add the blended mango puree and toasted semolina.
- Cook the mixture, on medium heat, stirring in-between to prevent sticking, until the mixture reduces by one third.
- At this stage, sprinkle the cardamom powder and remaining chopped mango that were kept aside.
- Stir, stir…for 2 to 3 minutes and then turn off the heat.
- Coat a pan or tray with melted ghee and spoon the cooked halwa into the pan.
- Allow it to cool and serve.
This recipe was contributed by Fire_girl on 28 May 2013I believe in simple and easy but tasty cooking. I dont like those recipe that is full of ingredients...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.