Tasty Mango Chutney
Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18310 times
A perfect tangy accompaniment for idlis, dosas and snacks. . .
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a broad pan, add the red chillies, fenugreek seeds and asafoetida and saute on a medium flame till you get a good aroma.
- Add the mango, coconut, jaggery and salt, mix well and saute on a medium flame till the jaggery is dissolved and mixture becomes pulpy.
- Cool and blend in a mixer using no or very little water till smooth.
- Tranfer it to a bowl and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 2 tsp of oil in a small pan, add the mustard seeds and saute till they begin to crackle.
- Add this tempering to the chutney and serve.
This recipe was contributed by geetharam32 on 22 Mar 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.