Tasty Gatte ka Pulao
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9907 times
This is a rajasthani delight. It goes well with dahi-ki-kadhi.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into a smooth and soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal balls and roll it in a tubes.
- In a deep pan using enough water boil the tubes.
- Cut the tubes in small (1cm)pieces gattas and deep fry until golden brown from all the sides. Keep aside.
- In a pan, heat the ghee add the cloves, cardamoms, bayleaf, green chillies and washed basmati rice, stir fry for 2 minutes on a slow flame.
- Add 2 cups of water, salt to taste and cook for 15 min on a medium flame.
- Add the gattas and mix gradually and cook until the rice is done.
- Serve hot garnish with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by padmasaraf on 09 Nov 2010
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.