Tasty Dum Aloo
by Foodie #611396
This recipe has been viewed 5116 times
Dum aloo is the tasty and rich side dish, Just the smell of aloo dam can make you hungry!
- Peel, wash and prick potatoes all over with help of a fork.Keep in salted water for 15 mins.
- Heat oil in a pan, deep-fry potatoes on medium heat till golden brown. Drain and place on an absorbent paper.
- Heat oil in another pan, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds,asafoetida, cook on medium heat for few sec.
- Add onion,sauté for 3-4 mins or till onion turns light Golden,add ginger-garlic paste,sauté for a minute.
- Now add tomatoes, cook till tomatoes turn pulpy.
- Add red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and Stir.
- Now add fried potatoes, stir to mix well, cook for 2-3 Minutes.
- Add a little water, garam masala powder, salt, mix well and Simmer till potatoes absorb gravy.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #611396 on 12 Apr 2014
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.