Tasty Dal Makhani
Added to 22 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9144 times
A north indian lentil( black urad and rajmah beans) delicacy flavored with tomatoes, ginger, garlic and cream, dal makhani is sure to tempt all. Relish dal makhani with naans or roomali roti.
- Soak the dal and rajma in enough water for 4-6 hours.
- Drain the excess water, add the salt and enough water and pressure cook for 6 to 7 whistles, or till the dals are cooked.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid, add the milk and simmer for 5 minutes. Keep aside.
- Heat some oil in another pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and onions and saute till the onions turn golden brown in colour.
- Add the ginger and garlic and saute for more 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and saute till the oil leaves the sides of the pan.
- Add the chilli powder and garam masala and mix well.
- Add this tempering to the dal, mix well and simmer on low fire for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander and cream.
This recipe was contributed by gachopra on 27 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.