Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10096 times
It tastes very good when served with rice as well as roti.
- In a big plate, mix the brinjal pieces, coriander powder, asafoetida, garam masala and a little salt. keep aside for 10 minutes.
- In a pan, heat the oil and deep fry the brinjal pieces until they turns out to be crispy.
- Take the pieces, drain and place in paper so that excess oil will get absorbed.
- In a pan, heat a tablespoon of butter. then, add the cumin seeds and allow to splutter. then, add the ginger-garlic place along with the cardamom, cinnamon, cloves and chopped onions (not the rings)
- Fry till the onions turns out to be golden brown.
- Then, add the chopped tomatoes (not rings) and mix well. stir occasionally. wait till the tomatoes are soft.
- In a mixer, grind all the ingredients in the pan together with grated coconut into a coarse paste.
- Allow the paste to boil, after adding a little water.
- Add salt,chilly powder and turmeric powder into the gravy.
- When the gravy is somewhat thick, add sugar into it.
- Take the pan out of the stove
- Heat a little butter and fry the onion rings together with cashew nuts and raisins, till they are golden brown
- Take the vessel for serving and at first, put the gravy inside it.
- Then, put the onion rings, raisins and cashew nuts.
- Put the fried brinjal pieces.
- Then, decorate with tomato rings and chopped coriander & curry leaves.
- Finally, place a little butter on the top of the curry.
- Now the "tasty brinjal" is ready to be served.
This recipe was contributed by keralacook on 11 Apr 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.