Tasty Bhaji Open Burger
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8009 times
Desi bhaji gets a western touch in this improvised burger.
- Place the butter in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 10 seconds.
- Add the flour and microwave on high for 20 seconds, stirring once in between.
- Add the milk and microwave on high for about 30 to 40 seconds, ,stirring once in between. Add the salt and pepper and mix well.
- Use as required.
- Cut each burger bun horizontally into two. Apply ½ tsp of butter on the insides of each half of the burger bun and toast them lightly on a tava (griddle).
- Place the burger buns on a clean, dry surface with the buttered side facing up.
- Place 2 tbsp of leftover bhaji on the centre of each bun. Top with 1 tbsp of white sauce and 1 tsp grated cheese.
- Top with a capsicum ring and an onion ring and sprinkle ¼ tsp chilli flakes over them.
- Place the open burger on a greased baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.