Tasty Banana Halwa
This recipe has been viewed 10992 times
- In a thick bottomed Uruli or a non-stick kadai, add the sugar and ½ cup of water and heat until the sugar completely melts [you don’t need a sugar syrup, just heat it until no granules are seen].
- Add the chopped bananas into it and stir well.
- Simmer the heat to the lowest and stir once in a while adding 1 to 2 tbsp of ghee as it starts browning.
- Once the halwa becomes golden brown and starts leaving the sides of the pan [approximately after 40 minutes] add the cardamom powder.
- If you are using a uruli, at this stage the ghee would start separating from the halwa.
- Pour the halwa into a greased stainless steel plate and level it with the back of a spoon or spatula.
- Let it cool completely and then cut into shapes of your choice.
This recipe was contributed by shalinivenkatesh on 01 Apr 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.