Tart(walnut & Chocalate)
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
This recipe has been viewed 4605 times
Truly a culinary delight, the luscious dessert recipe,Tart (walnut & chocolate) is sure to break all boundaries for sweet lovers. The flour based tart base are filled with sweet date filling and topped with a thin sheet of pastry dough. These baked filled tart is then served poured over with milk chocolate sauce and garnished with walnut halves and whipped cream.
Add your private note
Tart(walnut & Chocalate) recipe - How to make Tart(walnut & Chocalate)
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
1 hours 5 minutes
- Sieve the flour into a bowl.
- Rub the butter into the flour with your fingertips till it resembles bread crumbs.
- Gradually, add enough cold milk to make a firm dough. refrigerate for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Lightly flour the rolling pin and the pastry board.
- Roll out the pastry to line a 150 mm. (6") diameter tart mould.
- Prick with a fork at regular intervals.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 230°c (450°f) for 10 to 15 minutes or till golden brown.
- Cool completely.
- 2)chocalate-walnut tart:
- for the date filling
- 1. blend the ingredients for the filling in a food processor.
- 2. keep aside.
- for the milk chocolate sauce
- 1. put the cream in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- 2. remove from the fire, add the milk chocolate and mix well to get a smooth sauce. cool completely and keep aside.
- how to proceed
- 1. spread the date filling mixture on top of the baked pastry base.
- 2. cover with the topping.
- 3. bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 15 to 20 minutes or until the tart is golden brown. cool completely.
- 4. top the tart with the milk chocolate sauce.
- 5. garnish with the walnut halves and whipped cream.
- 6. cut into wedges.
- 7. serve warm.
This recipe was contributed by sumagandlur on 27 Dec 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.