Tangy Tomato Rice
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10794 times
Serve with onion or cucumber raita
- Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds.
- Add bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon & green cardamom(crushed).
- When they turn slightly brown (after 3-4 secs), add the sliced onions and green chillies & saute till the onions turn translucent.
- Put in the ginger and garlic paste and fry well.
- Add the tomato puree and mix well.
- Add the coriander, and cumin powder.
- Fry well, till it loses all moisture and leaves a cooked aroma.
- Add the cooked rice, salt and sugar.
- Mix well and saute slightly being careful not to break the rice.
- Sprinkle dhania leaves cashew-nuts and raisins on top and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by monalisa.maitra on 14 Mar 2007
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.