Tangy Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 15 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14980 times
A cheesy delight served with a delicate, spicy and tangy tomato red wine sauce!
Serve as a starter or evening tea snack or enjoy with a bowl of hot soup .
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and garlic and sauté on a medium flame, till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the tomato pulp, mix well and cook till the sauce becomes thick.
- Add the tomato puree, sugar, salt, ½ cup water, mix well and bring to boil.
- Add the oregano and cream, mix well and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the wine, mix well and remove from the flame and keep aside.
- Cut the mozzarella cheese into sticks and keep them in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Dip each cheese stick in the prepared batter and coat them evenly with bread crumbs evenly from all the sides to form a thick layer, pressing them firmly.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep fry each stick till they turn golden brown from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve hot with tomato red wine sauce.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.