Tangy Lemony Raisin Teabread
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4237 times
Simply great for tea-time treats!!
Add your private note
Tangy Lemony Raisin Teabread recipe - How to make Tangy Lemony Raisin Teabread
Preparation Time: about 20 minutes Cooking Time: about 12 1/2 minutes, plus standing Total Time:
- Combine the lemon rind ,juice,currants,raisins and sultanas in a bowl and cook on full flame for 1 1/2 minutes or until the mixture boils.
- Leave standing,covered,until all the juice is absorbed.leave for a few more minutes to cool down.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl and rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.stir in the sugar.
- Beat the egg, milk and bicarbonate of soda together and blend into the flour mixture.flod in the mixed peel and the fruit mixture.
- Put the mixture into a loaf-shaped container about ( 8 * 5 * 3 inches).
- Reduce the gas to medium flame and cook for 8-10 minutes or until the mixture is just dry on top.
- Leave the tea bread to stand in the cooking container for 5 minutes before turning out on to non-stick silicone paper.
- Immediately reverse to prevent the top of the cake from being damaged.
- Wrap tightly in cling film and allow to cool.
- Before serving, decorate with glace icing and candied peel.
This recipe was contributed by meenal72 on 18 Oct 2000
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.