This recipe has been viewed 6126 times
Tangy bread loaf is a fancy loaf recipe which has layers of homemade mayonnaise, cottage cheese, mustard powder, chopped carrots, beetroots and spice powders added. A spicy, tangy and healthy bread loaf recipe which is best enjoyed cold and cut into thin slices.
- Buy a full loaf of bread from mkt. and slice in four equal parts horizontally.
- Now make mayonaise by putting egg mustard pwd, white pepper pwd,salt and sugar and blend thoroughly in liquidizer.
- Now add drop by drop oil and blend again, proceed this way till the mixture thickens.
- Remove and store in a air tight container.
- Take a loaf and divide to 3 to 4 portion, first take the upper portion of the loaf mix half the mayonaise with mustard pwd, white pepper, cream, cottage cheese,and spread mixing with finely chopped corriander leaves,and spread to upper portion and downward portion to form double sandwich.
- Mix mayonaise with cream, cooking cheese, a dash of capsico sauce, hot and sweet chilli sauce,and adjust its seasoning like pepper, mustard pwd.
- Make green mayonaise by adding 1 egg, 1/4 tsp pepper and mustard each,salt to taste, 1/2 tsp lime or 1tbsp vinegar, 1tsp sugar and blend
- In liquidizer very well.
- Drop by drop add 1/2 cup oil till it thickens.
- Add cream and adjust its seasoning.
- Now apply to the third upper as well as lower section and apply nicely.
- Grate 1/2 beetroot and chopp tomatoes finely mix with butter lightly and keep aside.
- Apply little butter on fourth layer on both the sides ,then apply forth filling and close firmly close the loaf and mix the remaining portion applied to 1st half cut loaf i.e. white portoin with sieved cottage cheese , cream,now we will mix geletine in this mayonaise mixture and cover with top and sides and keep in a refrigerator till set.
- Now transfer to a fancy serving dish and cut pieces and serve.
This recipe was contributed by RIMS1 on 20 Feb 2004I love cooking as well as painting. I am basically an introvert person. But doesn't likes if to some...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.